A Trip to Leicester

As my sister is at University in Leicester, I went to stay with her for the weekend. I was very cold - it was even snowing a little bit.The first thing we did was to go and get some ingredients for our dinner we were going to cook later, and then we went to a Pub/Restaurant called 'The Slug and Lettuce' for lunch.



 I chose Pork Meatballs as my main, which was tagliatelle pasta in a tomato sauce and meatballs served with garlic bread. This was so delicious! I had enough space in my belly for dessert so..



As a dessert, I had 'Cookie Cup Explosion', which is one of the best desserts I have ever tried! It is a cookie case served with brownie and chocolate honeycomb pieces served with vanilla ice cream on top. It was also drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauce. Mmm!

(Excuse the blurry picture)

After this, we went shopping. But my favourite shop of all was a Vintage shop called 'Pink Pigeon'. It is full of quirky clothes of different styles. It is also very affordable as I previously bought a thick cream knitted jumper for only £15!


We also went into LUSH and received a free hand massage, which was very relaxing. The consultant then gave us a small sample of a face cleanser called 'Angels on Bare skin' to try out at home, which I intend to use at some point


The last thing we did was quickly stop off at 'Beauty Box Shop', which supplies a range of nail polish such as O.P.I and Sally Hansen. I bought this gold glitter by Sinful Colors for £2.50.


(Summary of what I bought: 4 Millie's Cookies, Lush face mask (sample), Sinful colors nail polish, OREO MILKSHAKE!)



When we got back, we started making dinner. I decided on making lasagna  and my sister thought we should have sweet potato chips with it, it tasted amazing!



(A cheeky close up)

Share This Article:

CONVERSATION

14 comments :

  1. I've never been across the pond. Everything looks delicious!!!!

    -Cara

    http://caramejia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! I've never been to the slug and lettuce, but oh my the food looks delicious, I want to go to my nearest one now! And the vintage shop? To die for, how galorious! Oh and not to mention the shopping trip which I am jealous of everything in, & what a fantastic dinner, oh-so-tasty.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that food looks nice, I like slug and lettuce. I go there for drinks sometimes.
    Lush gives me a headache so I don't go near it, my sister used to spend way too much in there lol. Love the nail polish btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try their food! they also have nice burgers! and thankyou!

      Delete
  4. Love this post the food looks great !!!!
    http://textbookbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does doesnt it? it tasted great too :D

      Delete
  5. Lovely post + pictures! Great blog you have here. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. leicester was very close to nots (where i used to ike for about a year and a half) but i've sadly never been there! seeing those buildings remind me of nottingham so much though! i miss that place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, maybe you should visit sometime! leicester has a very nice town centre too :D

      Delete