Chelsea Buns


As you can probably tell by now, I love sweet treats, and I decided to make my favourite recipe, Chelsea Buns!

Here's what you will need:

For the bread:
600g plain flour
2 tsp salt
2 packet of yeast
100ml Vegtable oil
100ml of warm water
50g sugar 
1 teaspoon of mixed spice



For the sultanas:
230g sultanas
50g sugar
2 teaspoons of mixed spice
Syrup or icing sugar for glazing

*This recipe make 16, but sometimes I halve the recipe if I don't want to make as many buns.


1. Sieve all the flour into a bowl, along with the yeast, sugar, salt ad mixed spice and stir it together.



2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the oil then mix it together. When you have done this, pour in the water gradually and mix it all together until a dough is formed.



3. When the dough is formed, grease some cling film with oil and put it in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes (I pre-heated my oven and put the dough in the grill so the heat from the oven would rise into the grill).



4. Meanwhile, you can start making the sultana topping. Mix the sultanas, mixed spice and sugar into a bowl together and put it aside.


5. When the dough has risen, it will look something like this. You will then have to remove the cling film and knead the dough for approximately 5 minutes on a floured surface.


6. Divide the dough in two and roll it out into long rectangular strips about 72cm by 12cm


7. Place the sultanas onto the dough and then sprinkle the sugar/mixed spice mixture evenly along the dough. When this is done, the dough needs to be rolled up (like a swiss roll).




8. When it is rolled, cut the dough in half


9. Then cut the dough into 8 rolls.


10. Place the rolls onto a tray and again cover it with oiled cling film. 


11. Leave it to rise for 30 minutes. (NOTE: It is important that you don't switch trays after it has risen as all the air won't stay in the bread)


 12. After it has risen again, place it in the oven to cook for 15 minutes until the buns are golden brown.



13. Leave it to cool and then glaze it with golden syrup...


 ...or you could add some icing sugar instead!










Share This Article:

CONVERSATION

12 comments :

  1. I need to remember this recipe! :D I love those rolls and never thought about making my own... Hiw silly of me! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, its really handy when you can make it at home :D

      Delete
  2. Oh wow I am going to send this link to my friend so we can make it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! This looks so good!! I will have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks perfect!! :D Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks sooo tasty! If only I could eat one right now, mmmmmmxx

    ReplyDelete