D'oh!(nut) tutorial

In the last nail post, I mentioned that I made a mini doughnut which my nail art was inspired by. Ever since discovering Fimo/Scupley clay creations on Pinterest, it's amazing what can be created using clay, here's a link to other amazing clay creations, and here is the tutorial:


The main colours you will need to begin with is a tan colour and a light blue. The colours need to be warmed up in your hands so they are easier to work with. Ensure that you are using a clean surface, as dirt easily gets caught in the clay.


When the tan clay is rolled into a ball, squash it down to create a doughnut shape like so.


Poke a hole in the middle of the clay (I used an earring end) and roll the blue clay into a cylinder shape. Then place it on top of the tan clay.



Squash the blue clay down, I used the round end of the earring this time.


Smooth the blue clay with your finger and define the hole in the middle to create a clear hole. (I did this by using the pointy end of an earring)


Then, using three different colours (I used white, pink and yellow) roll the tiny pieces of clay into sprinkle shapes and gently press them down onto the clay. When this is done it's time to bake! Place the clay in the oven at 100C for 30 minutes and them remove it from the oven. 


When the clay has cooled, it's time for the glaze!


I used one coat here, but more can be applied The glaze is only places on the icing to make it look shiny and (almost) edible!


Sculpey and Fimo clay can both be purchased form Amazon and Hobbycraft if you want to give it a go, I highly recommend it!

Share This Article:

CONVERSATION

8 comments :

  1. Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster award :)
    http://guiltyaschargedblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this donut - it's so cute!

    Thanks for following by blog, I'm now following yours :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i think your blog is so unique!

      Delete
  3. This is really cool, I'd like to make minatures, it might be a new calling ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really should try it! this type of clay is what fimo nail decorations are made of!

      Delete