London - Part 1 (The Cartoon Museum)

In the summer holidays, I went to London to do some research for my Art coursework. I had intended to post this a while back, but it didn't seem to fit in with my line-up of blog post ideas, so without further ado...

My way of locating the museum through print screens of London, good thing my parents were there to help or we may have got lost haha! We planned to go to the Cartoon Museum on Little Russel Street, just a short walk from the British Museum.

Here are photographs of some of the artwork in the museum(They were very specific with their rules of photographs being taken, so I couldn't take as many as I'd hoped):








 There was a great array of different styles of comics and cartoon strips, which also shows how the times have dramatically changed. Some pieces were quite peculiar in the way the artists had conveyed their imagination, I loved the creativity!


This was the small room where the drawing sessions take place, it's more for young children, but I love the tablecloth!

I love mirrors like this, they're so much fun!

If you get the chance, I would highly recommend visiting the museum, it's worth taking a look if you enjoy comics and cartoons. There is a small entry fee, but it's free for those under 18!

Share This Article:

,

CONVERSATION

6 comments :

  1. Haha, that looks like a really fun day out!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster award meme here:
    http://elanorsnails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks way more interesting than I assumed a cartoon museum would be aha, it actually looks really creative and detailed! Sounds like funxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was, i was surprised by the first art in the first picture - the galaxy like piece!

      Delete
  3. That looks like so much fun! I'm glad they let you take some pictures. I always fret over that while visiting museums. I thought I might faint from relief when the director of the Museum of the Weird (in Austin, TX) said "take as many pictures as you like!". :D So generous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! i know. its sometimes quite difficult to find a place like that!

      Delete