Confessions of a Nail Blogger (Tag?)


I'm quite a naughty nail blogger as there are a few things that I do that I certainly shouldn't be doing.
I found this quite interesting to write so I made it into a tag as it would be interesting to hear other peoples confessions or pet peeves they have regarding their nails. The four confessions that I came up with are:

1. I'm a recovering nail biter
I say recovering because I sometimes still bite my nails, but only when they are nail polish free (Promise!),and it's usually on my non-photographic hand. Luckily, I have long nail beds so it's not really that noticeable. It's the reason why I rarely show my left hand in my photos; not because they're short but because they're not as cared for as my other hand. My nail biting habits were the reason why I can't grow my thumb nails past the end of my finger when they are filed straight as will break halfway down the nail (which is terribly painful). However, it was this habit that led me to blogging so something positive came out of it.

2. The abbreviation 'Mani' always makes me cringe.
The abbreviation for the word manicure always makes me feel weird and  have absolutely no reason why. I always refrain from using it on my blog!

3. I always pick off my nail polish rather than use nail polish remover.
I'm too lazy to use nail polish remover and rub off my nail art with remover, so I always end up picking it off which I know is bad for my nails but once one nail chips, that's it!

4. I had a blog before this one!
Shock horror! I had a nail blog, but only for my own purposes and it was always private until now (click here) in case you were curious -I must warn you it's not a pretty sight. Here's my first post, my nails look so much more healthier now! I was too scared to open it out to other people until my friend convinced me to create an actual blog open for all to see. I got over my fear when I found out how nice you all are haha!

I tag basically anyone who wants to join in to get the ball rolling!

Share This Article:

CONVERSATION

13 comments :

  1. This is a great idea - it's so interesting! I used to bite my nails too! I cannot believe you had another blog before - I'll definitely have a look at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaa! thankyou, did you? glad you got over the habit!

      Delete
  2. I think there's a lot of us who are reformed biters - must be something about being proud of ourselves that makes us want to show off our tips to the rest of the world! Congrats on making your confessions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it also helps to get others to stop too, i think nail art is such a saviour haha!

      Delete
  3. So glad your friend convinced you to go public! ^_^ I think I was maybe 8 the last time I chewed on my nails. My mom said she'd let me paint them and teach me how to care for them if I quit biting them and it was over for me. I can't even think of the worst thing I do... I guess it depends because I do buff them fairly roughly, but they've grown in stronger and less ridgy since I started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe me too! thats good, i dont usually buff my nails, but it would be good to do it every once in a while

      Delete
  4. Brilliant Tag! It's really interesting and really hard to make if your doing it yourself. I've had a go and participated with my own post of Confessions of a Nail Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one who picks their polish off! It does my nails no good at all and I really should stop, but I find it strangely satisfying when I manage to peel off the polish in one whole piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wrote a Confessions Of A Nail Blogger post too:
    http://poundstoremanicure.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/confessions-of-nail-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete