Nottingham on a Monday evening

There’s always something to do in the city centre of Nottingham, it seems impossible to venture into every bar, restaurant of café in one lifetime. A friend and I decided to take a chilled evening and explore the area of Hockley on a Monday evening.


Annies burger shack

The first place we ended up in was Annie’s Burger shack, somewhere we both hadn’t got around to visiting. They’re known for their crazy burger recipe combinations, with buns “bigger than our heads”, as my friend would describe it. 

Me being me, I looked up what I wanted to order online but changed my mind when I got there. I had nachos as a starter with ‘The Gringo’ as my main, a Mexican style burger topped with a filled tortilla basket and sweet potato fries. It’s safe to say I couldn’t eat it all.

Annies burger shack the gringo mexican
Annies burger shack nachos




The Hockley Arts Club

We didn’t manage to get a table as it was fully booked, but took some artsy photos outside, you know, for the culture. The Hockley Arts club is one of the hidden gems you are most likely to miss if don’t know where you’re going.

Inside is a vintage Victorian style restaurant/bar which we didn’t get to fully enjoy, but there’s always more opportunities to experience it another time.

The Hockley Arts Club Nottingham

The Hockley Arts Club Nottingham


Pitcher and Piano

We ended up in a quiet, laid back bar called Pitcher &Piano, reconstructed from an old church with high ceilings and nice surroundings.

Pitcher and piano Nottingham cocktail

Pitcher and piano Nottingham church


If you ever find yourself in Nottingham, take a look around, there’s so much choice with evening entertainment and I hope to visit many more before I leave.

Share This Article:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments :

  1. food and cool bars - sounds like an awesome night out to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Its great to get around and try new places :)

      Delete